Middle .Net Developer
IT, Computers, Internet
Type of Employment
Jooble is a Ukrainian IT company whose product is used by more than 90 million monthly users in ~70 countries worldwide.
Jooble’s Product is a worldwide employment website that is the fifth most visited employment service in the world and is among 500 top visited websites globally, according to SimilarWeb.
Our purpose is to help people all over the world find their dream jobs!
Due to the constant development of the product, we want to strengthen our team with several .NET Developers.
Jooble’s product from the technological perspective:
Our website is built upon microservices architecture. We use the latest versions of .NET and ASP.NET Core to create new services and applications. Message queuing with RabbitMQ allows transferring data between services and applications in the most effective way. To improve application performance, we implement caching using Redis. Our main front-end framework is react.js. To balance the load across multiple site instances, we use NGINX. In a bundle with Consul, NGINX balances the traffic among several microservices instances according to setup configurations.
Massive volumes of data are stored in numerous MSSQL and PostgreSQL relational databases. Since our website is a search engine, we use Elasticsearch to access data quickly. Along with Elasticsearch, we use other instruments of Elastic Stack. For example, Logstash and Kibana allow keeping an eye on error logs of our software.
Together with DevOps, our Developers implement the best CI/CD practices using GitLab and Jenkins. Using Prometheus, we gather performance metrics of our services and applications and then visualize them on Grafana dashboards.
Development culture at Jooble:
At Jooble, we strive to create high-quality code. Therefore, we follow coding standards agreed within the development team and conduct timely and effective code reviews. To ensure that our software meets business requirements, we apply TDD, DDD, and BDD techniques. Also, our developers often take part in pair/mob programming sessions to brainstorm ideas, design the best solutions, and share expertise within the team.
We regularly conduct Tech talks where we share knowledge on implementing new development approaches and solving challenging engineering issues. And on Product Sprint Demos, we sync on the overall progress of the whole product. We carefully track the progress on tasks in Jira, which provides clarity and transparency of the development process. The team of Technical Writers keeps our internal knowledge base in Confluence up to date. Opportunities to make an impact
As a .Net developer, you will:
- Implement new features that bring great value to millions of users.
- Contribute the code quality enhancement and improve the project’s infrastructure.
- Design sophisticated algorithms for optimizing the performance of high-load applications.
- Work in tight collaboration with your team members to share knowledge and validate development solutions.
Among the challenges faced by our engineering team there are:
- Designing solutions for establishing effective communication with Job Seekers and Employers minimizing business and development resources.
- Incorporating machine learning models to match Job Seekers’ interests and Employers’ needs.
- Enabling a smooth transition of internal software modules from monolith to microservices
- 2 years of commercial experience in C # development, experience with ASP.NET Core.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Good knowledge of SQL (MSSQL), experience with highly loaded applications and understanding of the features of multithreaded application development.
- Knowledge of English at a level not lower than Upper-intermediate
- Financial assistance in case of medical need
- The 8-hours working day, the beginning time of which you may choose on your own.
- We supply you with all the necessary equipment for a comfortable working experience.
- 20 vacation days + 4 additional days to your vacation per year.
- 4 sick days per year without the need for sick leaves.
If in the job description you see yourself and eagerly want to become a member of our team, please send us your CV and our recruiter will reach you.